A few court updates:
(1) Father Barry McGrory
The next court date for Father Barry McGrory is:
21 December 2016: 08:30 am. “to be spoken to,” courtroom #5, Ottawa courthouse (161 Elgin St.)
As always, please keep the complainant in your prayers.
(2) Jessica Beraldin (Roman Catholic teacher, Ottawa Archdiocese)
The next court date for Jessica Beraldin is:
03 November 2017: “to be spoken to,” Ottawa courthouse (161 Elgin St.)
And, yes, that’s right. That is 2017. A hair’s breadth from one full year away. As I said elsewhere, I double checked, and then triple checked to make 100% certain I heard it right. Please keep the complainant in your prayers.
(3) Father Gary Hoskins (priest turned social worker, Diocese Saint George’s, Newfoundland which is now the Diocese of Corner Brook and Labrador)
Father Hoskins had a court date in Corner Brook Newfoundland yesterday. There is no media coverage that I can see so no idea what these motions were about. No matter, his trial had already been scheduled for 21-24 March 2017.
Please keep the complainant in your prayers.
(4) Father Bill Moloney (Diocese of Peterborough, Ontario)
Nothing yet. I keep checking. One of these days there will be a court date 🙂
As always, please keep the complainant in your prayers.
(5) Marcel Lalonde
I called the Brockville Crown’s office today to find out if anyone in the office had been able to tell me what is happening on Lalonde’s next court date of 12 December 2016. I was told that I will be receiving a call providing me with a phone number for a media liaison person in Toronto. Once I get that number I can call that person and then ask what is happening 12 December, and also ask has another trial date been set? That’s all I want to know.
This is a tad deja vu. The Lalonde link to the Cornwall sex abuse scandal and cover-up come to the fore.
Father Fred Olds
And now a little more information regarding Father Fred Olds.
(1) I have just posted a link to another document on the Father Fred Old page
27 October 2011: Addiction Care
This article touches on Father Olds establishment of Conifer House in which Father combines something called “chiropractic ” with counselling.
As far as I’m concerned, this is weird. Just plain weird. What is a parish priest doing playing around with stuff like this?
Bite my tongue. I will stay mum!
(2) I received an email today from Alice Lemoine, the Executive Assistant to Archbishop LeGatt. She explains on behalf of the Archbishop that Father Olds is “on temporary administrative leave while the investigation continues and until the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith advises and directs Archbishop LeGatt on how to proceed” and that “Archbishop LeGatt addressed the parishioners of Saint Bernadette on November 20th. On the same day, the Vicar General, Fr. Carl Tarnopolski read the same message to the parishioners of Saint Timothy where Fr. Olds has been pastor since August 1, 2015.”
So, while it is true that the Archbishop did not personally address the parishioners at St, Timothy’s, his message was read to them,a and it was read to them by the Vicar General, Fr. Carl Tarnopolski. I am surprised that Father Tarnopolski did not mention that. He told me that “Bishop LeGatt did not speak to the parishioners at St. Timothy’s. He spoke to only the parishioners at St. Bernadette.” And, yes, that is true, but given that I had been told that the archbishop had addresses parishioners at both churches I believe that the fact that he himself, the Vicar General, had read the Bishop’s statement to parishioners at St. Timothy’s would explain the misunderstanding.
While researching Father Bill Moloney I came across the following parish bulletin. Yes, it has information regarding Father Moloney, but note the insert regarding a Father Ken Rae: Father Moloney – Camp Northern Lights
So, in January of 2016 Father Ken Rae, at the time Pastor of Martin of Tours Roman Catholic Church, Ennismore, Ontario, resigned suddenly. According to the bulletin, on the weekend of January 11 the bishop arrived at all Masses to announce that Father Rae “had made a decision to resign from Parish Ministry due to reasons which are personal and health related. I have accepted his resignation effective this weekend…”
Father Rae was ordained 1990.
It sounds as though, for whatever reason, Father Rae failed to say his own farewells and explain his plight to his flock?
Does anyone know what this is all about?
(2) Thinking of the Diocese of Peterborough, Ontario, another question….
Does anyone know anything about a Father Clarke Hudson, ordained 1981 for the Diocese of Peterborough, Ontario.
Father Hudson ‘retired’ sometime in the early 2000s. About two years ago I contacted the Diocese of Peterborough Ontario to find out if or not he had been defrocked. The Chancellor refused to give me that information. At that time Hudson was living in Port Hawksbury, Nova Scotia. I have been told that he tells people to refer to him as ” Father Hudson.|” To my knowledge he is not functioning within the community as a priest.
Any information regarding Father Clarke Hudson and his departure from the Peterborough Diocese welcome.
(3) I was thinking that there seemed to be a number of names from the Peterborough swirling around. Look at this. Here’s a list of clergy from the Peterborough Diocese whose names are on the Accused list include:
Father Timothy O’Connor (Ordained 1989. 1992 guilty plea )
Father Christopher Sciuk (Ordained in Poland 1980. To Canada in mid 80s. Guilty plea 2001)
Father Robert Pappi, (Ordained 1985. Convicted 1991)
Monsignor Martin Wain (Ordained 1981. Guilty plea 1990)
Father Patrick Herlihey (Ordained 1981. 2001 guilty)
Father William Russell (Ordained 1979. 2002 guilty)
Monsignor James Conrad (Ordained 1979. 1991 convicted for stroking man’s leg in roadside washroom stall. 1992 conviction overturned)
Father Mark Buckley (fraud charges – withdrawn after intervention by Bishop Doyle)
Father Douglas Stamp CssR) ( Ordained 1980. Redemptorist. Guilty to sex abuse of boys while serving in Peterborough Diocese)
And, for today, all of this truly is
Enough for now,