I have posted Denis Beland’s Victim Impact Statement:
This is yet another heart-rending account of the inestimable damage wrought by convicted Basilian molester Father William Hodgson Marshall. While every ‘story’ is now all too familiar, each is different.
As you will see, not only did Denis suffer from the abuse inflicted upon him as a child by Marshall, he was expelled from school for daring to speak the truth. Denis’ life and family were wrenched asunder.
Please please take time to read this poignant statement.
Denis, thank you for allowing us to see and almost reach and touch a little of your pain and suffering. Thank you for helping us all to understand. There are many who follow this site who can learn from what you and others have to say. There are clergy, lawyers and police officers, and there are Roman Catholics who are trying desperately to understand, and there are parents, and husbands and wives and children, and, yes, there are victims – victims who have come forward, and victims who are just discovering that they are not alone, and victims who are struggling to find the strength to speak out. You are reaching out to all those people.
Over the years I have had the privilege of speaking with victims who have allowed me to step into a very private corner of their souls. I have learned so much. Your sharing Denis, and that of others, allows people into a very private corner of your soul. All will learn.
Thank you Denis!
A little more on Brother Gregory Van Buuren/Brother Gregorius and the Brothers of Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows.
(1) I have heard from a reliable source that there were rumours in Mabou, Nova Scotia that Brother Gregory was going after young lads. It is also felt that he left very suddenly, and that his departure seemed to coincide with a point when the the rumours really started to abound.
It is true that there was a huge farewell do to bid farewell, but it is also true that at that time there was talk and whispers. More on this to come;
(2) Three different people have described Brother Gregory as “creepy”;
(3) The farmland purchased by the brothers was down around Mabou Harbour, a bit of a distance from Mary’s Hill where they operated the Mary’s Hill Home and the site of the shrine. The farming was done by Brother Camilles. Brother Camilles, was, according to my reliable source, different than the others and not around them too much. He was usually in his overalls and at the farm. It is said that the farm was “magnificent.” Brother Camilles had the knack, a fact attributed to his Dutch blood.
The fact that the farm was a distance from Mary’s Hill explains, at least for me, the fact that Brother Camilles bought the farm in 1985 when in fact the brothers remained in Mabou for some years after. I thought – assumed! – that the farm was at the least adjacent to the other properties, ie. the boarding and technical schools, and then Mary’s Hill Home, and of course the shrine.
(4) I am told that the brothers often attended Mass at St. Mary’s Church in Mabou. It is possible that the parish priest at St. Mary’s would have said Mass on site at Mary’s Hill on occasion, but at this time I have no proof of that. What is known, as I say, is that the brothers did go to St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church. (None of the brothers were priests so they were reliant on the local priest for Mass and confessions)
(5) My contact recalls Brothers Camilles, Joe, Longinus, Gregory and Paul. There was another brother whose name escapes at this time. There may have been others.
Alas, Lona is having computer problems – there will be no more translations until her computer is up and running again! I have more information from Crispina but will hold posting and perhaps creating confusion until I have accompanying translations.
Updates on court dates:
(1) A preliminary hearing for Father Eric Dejaeger is scheduled for 20-21 December 2012. This is in relation to the sex abuse charges in Edmonton, Alberta.
A long wait. And only days before Christmas.
(2) Father Rene Labelle‘s next court date is 24 April 2012
(3) Father Daniel Miller‘s next court date is 25 April 2012.
There is/may be something a little strange about Father Miller’s court date of 28 March. I am trying to get things sorted out before I say any more.
A number of articles posted yesterday. Check NEW to the site. (Access manually by clicking on the NEW button on the horizontal menu under the picture)
Enough for now,