Bad bad girl!

Share Button

Ah, yes. Lest we forget. “Justice” in Cornwall. 

This was a  kindly peer review sort of thing :

19 May 2010:  Officer demoted following impaired driving conviction 

No more than a formality.

A piddly little three month demotion. 

Bad girl Emma!  Bad bad girl!!

All Ican say is that Perry should have been half so lucky when S/Sgt Garry Derochie was sicked on him way back in 1993, shortly after Perry inadvertently happened on the $32,000 cover-up, the one geared to keep Father Charlie foot loose and fancy-free.    

Actually, it all began just a little later, more like shortly after Perry went to the Children;s Aid Society because of his concerns that his police force was no longer investigating sex abuse allegations against Father Charlie and children were at risk.

Will Wilson King be mercilessy investigated and hounded by Derochie now?

I think not.


The Google search is closer to being fixed.  It now searches Sylvia’s Site but not  Tomorrow should see that rectified.

Enough for now,




This entry was posted in Accused or charged, Circling the wagons, Cornwall, Perry Dunlop and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Bad bad girl!

  1. John says:

    I attended this so called “public hearing” for Emma Wilson King. The hearing was held at the library, and the rooms were booked for 2 hours (10am to noon). The hearing was called to order at 10am, present were:

    Staff Sgt. Gary Derochie..representing the prosecution side
    Sgt. George Levere……..representing Emma’s defence
    Inspt. Dan O’Rielly…….acting as judge

    Also present, Emma Wilson King, a court reporter, a reporter from the Freeholder, myself and a friend of mine. Eight people in total in rooms that could easily sit 50 to 60 people.

    As I said the meeting was called to order at 10am, those present for the hearing introduced themselves and the facts of the incident were put on record. The next issue was speaking to the penalty to be imposed (3 month demotion). Dan O’Rielly called recess at 10:05am saying that he would be back with his ruling at 11am. The hearing resumed at 11am with O’Rielly calling order and that he made his ruling. He stated that he agreed with the recommendation of the demotion and the hearing was over at 11:01am, everyone shook hands and that was it. Six minutes, if that, and it was all over. Derochie, Levere and Wilson King walked out together heading back to the office. I stood there dumbfounded and disgusted. As I sat in the hearing room I could not help but think of Perry and the hell that he was put through by the same “prosecutor”. Emma Wilson King was “tortured” for six whole minutes, to only lose $4,500. Perry was PROSECUTED for six whole years, and thrown in jail for 7 months along the way losing his job, his future, his home and driven out of his hometown.

    I am only left guessing that this is the CPS’s attempt at “transparency”, fallout from the Cornwall Public Inquiry.

    I have spoken to some of those that I know and we all agree that police HAVE TO be held to a higher standard than the general public. Although we all know that drinking and driving is against the law the police are the ones that witness the devastation, lecture in schools and charge those in R.I.D.E. programs with drinking. When the police go to court with those charges they expect the crowns and judges to take them seriously with those charges. Why should we not expect the same?

  2. Charlie says:

    As I recall Bishop Beahen (Ottawa)had a stroke or heart attack while giving a homily in North Bay (Sault Ste Marie Diocese) but definitely not in Pembroke.I notice under his name in the series on those found guilty etc that the date is also very wrong.Perhaps these could be addressed?

  3. Sylvia says:

    Thanks Charlie. A serious typo. He died in 1988. I have corrected.

    As for where the stroke, there is some confusion about the where, but I think this settles it. According to Living and Chosen Stones: History of St. Patrick’s Basilica 1955-1995:

    For eleven years Bishop Beahan was called to labour as Shepherd to a very large portion of the diocese. All too soon his service was to end. He was assisting with confirmations in the suffragan diocese of Pembroke, and during one of his renowned sermons he was suddenly afflicted with a stroke. He had to be assisted from the altar and those who accompanied him on his way to the hospital recall that he was full of hope and joking about his condition – his Irish nature was always to the fore!

  4. Sylvia says:


    Way to go! Good for you for taking the time to find out what goes on at one of these “hearings.” And thanks for reporting – much appreciated by all who couldn’t be there.

    By the sound of it things were all ironed about behind closed doors before the ‘hearing’ and “public” part got under way?

    What a sham.

Leave a Reply