(1) The Cornwall Public Inquiry schedule for next week is up!
Hearings resume at 09:30 am Tuesday 17 April 2007 with a “Witness Requesting Confidentiality.” Does this mean a witness will take the stand requesting confidentiality? or that lawyers are going to spend the day arguing the pros and cons of granting him/her confidentiality? or that the day’s hearings at this “public” inquiry will be behind closed doors with we the public locked out – again?
I have no idea. There is no indication that hearings will be conducted in camera, but, who knows? We will have to wait and see
(2) Wednesday and Thursday (18th & 19th) are ear-marked for David Silmser business. Two full days of play acting that a witness is on the stand. And if the legal throng aren’t happy with the outcome from that approach, they’ll scrap it all and find another another which might suit their end. If worst comes to worst they may decide to expunge both Dave’s testimony and all their attempts at play acting the real thing, but, I am inclined to think they would be most reluctant to take that approach – it might, Heaven forbid, look too much like a concession to a beleaguered and weary victim’s plea, or perhaps it might be misconstrued as being held ransom?
How it all works out is anybody’s guess. The only for sure is that somehow or other at the end of a Weave Shed day David Silmser’s credibility will be in tatters.
Sad to say when it comes to dealing with the nub of the Cornwall scandal that’s just the way it is. The same old same old. The “alleged” victims are lying money grubbing trouble-makers. The “alleged” molesters are honest, law-abiding, upright, persecuted pillars of the community.
I will be relieved and most pleasantly surprised if things evolve for the better 🙂
(3) I have re-done The Scandal page. Still a bit of tiddling around to do with it – somtimes software and computers have a mind of their own and no amount of fiddling can make them do what they’re supposed to do 🙁 So, I decided to call it a day. Meanwhile I do believe it will be easier to read and navigate and more legible with other browsers.
(4) You will see I have added a link on The Scandal page to a page which will be “Non clergy charged, sued or accused.” I will start adding names over the next few days. It’s one of many things which have been on my To Do list for months. I will probably start by listing names – then will add what information I have on hand as I find time. It will be a work in process. As I work my way along please don’t hesitate to email names which I may have overlooked.
(5) John MacDonald’s father is dying. Keep him, his dear wife of 60 plus years, John and the whole family in your prayers during these difficult and painful days.
(6) Still pretty cool outside – snow on the ground and the odd flurry! But, we braved the cold and headed off on a 11/2 mile walk yesterday morning. Then trudged out again to tackle a hill in the afternoon – each day we launch and head a few steps closer to the top. Yesterday took us half way! It’s a great measure of progress – seems like yesterday two minutes walking was a major challenge, and here he is doing about an hour a day. And hills to boot! Progress 🙂
(6) And don’t forget the Steve Parisien Legal Defence Fund. Steve needs the resources to find and retain what some might call a “damn good” lawyer.
Enough for now,