Thank you, thank you to the kind reader who sent the following article regarding the lawsuits filed in New Brunswick:
08 October 2016: Five new sex abuse lawsuits filed against Catholic Church
I mentioned yesterday that I wanted to to dig to get the facts straight. This goes a long long way to sorting things out, and also identifies the two previously unidentified deceased priests by name:
So, there were in fact five lawsuits launched in New Brunswick over the past month – two lawsuits relate to clergy in the Archdiocese of Moncton, one lawsuit relates to clergy in the the Bathurst Diocese, and two relate to clergy in the Edmundston Diocese. Here they are, with name of priest identified by plaintiff as a molester, the diocese, and the location withing thw dioceses in which the abuse is said to have transpired:
1 Father Yvon Arsenault – (Moncton Archdiocese) – in Shediac
– allegations of abuse when Father Arsenault served in Shediac, New Brunswick
– allegations of abuse by both priests in Shediac
3. Fathers Normand Dugas, Arthur Gallien and Ubald Theriault (Bathurst Diocese) – in Covedale and Neguac
– Plaintiff alleges sexual abuse by all three priests while he, the plaintiff, was a parishioner at St. George Roman Catholic in Covedale and St. Bernard Roman Catholic Church in Neguac. (St. Bernard and St. George were and still are served by the same priest)
– alleges the abuse by Father Gallien began in 1959
– alleges the abuse by Fathers Dugas and Theriault was committed in 1960s.
4. Father Rino Deschenes (Edmundston Archdiocese) – Plaintiff Yvon Thibodeau
Plaintiffs Yvon Thibodeau and Marcel Thibodeau allege abuse by Deschenes between the ages of 9 and 13 while they served as altar boys.
5. Father Rino Deschenes (Edmundston Archdiocese) – Plaintiff Marcel Thibodeau
Plaintiffs Yvon and Marcel allege abuse by Deschenes between the ages of 9 and 13 while they served as altar boys.
I won’t get any work done on the site today (Thanksgiving dinner :)) – but starting tomorrow I will start to pull together and post what information I can find on Fathers Normand Dugas, Arthur Gallien and Ubald Theriault. (Any and all assistance appreciated)
Please keep all the complainants/plaintiffs in your prayers.
For those having their Thanksgiving meal today, enjoy! I hope and pray that you will all have opportunity to enjoy a good feast with family or friend. be it today or tomorrow.
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Enough for now.