Another update on court dates:
(1) Father Stephen Amesse(Archdiocese of Ottawa, late vocation to the priesthood, prior to ordination was a layman collaborator for From Pain to Hope, the CCCB’s 1992 sex abuse guidelines. )
There is a court date for Father Stephen Amesse tomorrow:
19 January 2017: 10 am, pre-trial motion, Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Ottawa courthouse (161 Elgin St.)
It would be interesting to find out what this motion is all about. I encourage those who are free to do so to attend.
A reminder that these charges were laid Father Amesse December 2014.
Please keep the complainant on your prayers.
(2) Marcel Lalonde (Former teacher in Cornwall Ontario connected to the Cornwall sex abuse scandal and cover-up. Previously charged and convicted three times)
Marcel Lalonde has a court date tomorrow:
19 January 2017: 10 am, to set next date for continuation of TRIAL which commenced 12 Dec. 2016, Cornwall, Ontario courthouse (29 Second St. W., )
If anyone is free to do so I encourage you to attend.
A reminder that these charges were laid in February 2014.
Please keep the complainant in your prayers.
(3) Nathan Labatt ( Former youth volunteer with Archdiocese of Regina, Saskatchewan Youth Ministry. Also volunteered with the Ukrainian Catholic Church and assisted at camps. Former Boy Scout leader. Has attended various youth camps and retreats throughout Saskatchewan.)
The next court date for Nathan Labatt on his Kamsack, Saskatchewan charges is:
31 March 2017: 09:30 am, DECISION , Yorkton, Saskatchewan, courthouse (120 Smith St. E)
Mark your calendars. This will be the verdict for his Yorkton trial which was held last November. I encourage those who can do so to attend.
By way of interest, the verdict will be rendered two days after his three-day preliminary hearing in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Finally, as you may recall, in December 2016 Labbatt was committed to stand trial in the Court of Queen’s Bench in Saskatoon on the Humboldt charges. As of today, there is no upcoming court date on file . I shall continue to check.
Please keep the complainants in your prayers.
(4) Father Omer Desjardins omi (Previously convicted Oblate priest. Served as Chaplain at St. Boniface hospital in Winnipeg Manitoba for 24 years)
The next court date for Father Omer Desjardins is:
27 February 2017: 1 pm, court room # 302, Winnipeg Provincial courthouse (Main Floor, 408 York Ave.)
Please keep the complainant in your prayers
(5) Father Barry McGrory (Previously convicted priest Ottawa Archdiocese)
Still waiting for a call back 🙁
Please keep the complainants in your prayers
Yes, some priests do speak up. We don’t always hear about it.
17 January 2017: “Joliet priest says diocese failed to follow protocol to protect children” & related article
Keep those priests who have spoken up in your prayers.
Enough for now,